Regular boiler servicing has numerous benefits for both you and your family. Your boiler is subject to wear and tear and regular maintenance is necessary to ensure your heating system is efficient. A well-maintained boiler can last between 10 to 15 years, and annual service will help to ensure the best possible lifespan of your heating system. Regular servicing saves you money, keeps you and your family safe and healthy, and it is good for the environment.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR BOILER IS DUE A SERVICE
- If your boiler has not been serviced in the past year.
- If your pilot light is burning a yellow flame (maybe a sign of carbon monoxide, call a professional immediately) or the light will not stay lit and keeps going out.
- If your boiler is making a strange noise (maybe a sign of a faulty pump of fan).
- If you are getting a strange smell coming from the boiler (could signal a gas leak- call in a professional immediately).
- If your radiators are either not getting hot or only partially heating, maybe something as simple as the radiators need to be bled or the system balanced.
TOP REASONS TO SERVICE YOUR BOILER
- Ensure that your boiler runs efficiently.
- Keeps you and your family healthy and safe.
- Minimises the risk of costly breakdowns.
- Lengthen the lifespan of your boiler.
- Minimises the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Saves you money by having your boiler running efficiently.
- A lot less expensive than repairing or replacing appliances.
- Validates manufacturers warranties.
The cost of a gas boiler service is €85 + Vat @ 13.5%
The gas boiler service does not include any additional labour and any parts that may be required to repair the gas boiler. If a part and additional labour is required to repair the gas boiler, this will be quoted for separately and prior to carrying out any work so you will not receive an unexpected bill.
Poorly maintained or faulty boilers present a serious health risk to you and your family, because they can cause fatal carbon monoxide poisoning.